TERMS & CONDITIONS OF LEGENDS/BIG GIG EVENT 2017
TERMS & CONDITIONS for the purchase of tickets and permits to the Legends in the Park / Big Gig in the Park events owned and organised by the Promoter/s; Helping Jersey Charities Ltd. Valid from 01/03/16
These Terms and Conditions are based on models produced by the Office of Fair Trading and The Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers (STAR).
The “Event/s” or “Concert/s” or Festival/s” relates to the applicable entertainment as advertised or announced by the Promoter/s as being the event in its entirety or as part of the event. The “Ticket Holder” is the person who is in possession of a ticket or a ticket either purchased or otherwise, to any of the Event/s, Concert/s or Festival/s. The “Venue/s” & “Sites” is/are the designated location/s where the entire Event/s, Concert/s or Festival/s are scheduled to and/or take place at. The “Auditorium/s” or “Arena/s” is the designated area/s / space/s within the Venue / Site where the entertainment is staged / takes place.
1) Any queries regarding the Terms and Conditions should be raised with the Promoter/s via their authorised, official agent/s prior to purchase. It is understood that the completion of purchase, and/or use, of a ticket/s / permit/s, to any Event/s, Concert/s and/or Festivals organised or owned by the Promoter /s confirms the Ticket Holder’s understanding and acceptance of the Full Terms and Conditions of the Promoter/s and as such cannot be contested at a later date. The ticket/s and permit/s and all title therein, remain the property of the Promoter/s until the Event/s, Concerts and/or Festivals/s has taken place.
2) The Ticket Holder undertakes to observe and uphold all the terms and conditions of the Promoter/s, including updates, amendments, additional directives and statements of the Promoter/s at all times. All directives and statements printed on the tickets, posted or announced at the Event/s, Concert/s or Festival/s form part of the Promoter/s Full Terms and Conditions. In the instance of a breach of this undertaking the Promoter/s reserves the right to cancel the ticket/s and permit/s and eject the offender/s and retain all monies paid.
3) The Promoter/s reserve the right to amend event schedules, performance timings (advertised or otherwise) and advertised programmed content, without prior notice and without liability. The Promoter/s reserves the right to alter and amend the advertised guest / support artistes / performers, without prior notice and without liability. In the instance of events advertised as a Festival it is understood that the ticket is offered for purchase for the event in general and not for the appearance / performance of any individual artiste. Should an artiste advertised as the final / closing performance / act or any other artiste/s advertised to appear / perform on any given day of the Festival be rescheduled to another time slot or another day of the Festival, or any advertised artiste, for whatever reason, does not appear at the festival at all, does not entitle the Ticket Holder to any compensation or refund (partial or otherwise) whatsoever.
4) Admission to the Event, and associated areas are at the Ticket Holder’s own risk. Excepting where caused by their act or omission, the Promoter/s and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained within the Venue / Site, and all associated areas. There is strictly no admittance to the Venue / Site or its associated areas before the advertised opening times.
Please note: Published Gate / Door Opening times refer to the access to the performance areas, Auditoriums and / or Arenas only
5) The Ticket Holder agrees to indemnify the Promoter/s against any loss, injury or damage caused to themselves or others by their own actions, negligence and/or nuisance or by any other person in their care or equipment, apparatus and/or belonging/s in their possession.
6) The Promoter/s reserves the right to refuse admission, void tickets and / or eject, without refund, any person/s who, refuse a security (person and/or belongings) search, fails to produce proof of identity or age, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs or in their opinion, may provoke a breach of the peace, jeopardize the safety and/or enjoyment of others, or damage the fame and reputation of the Event/s.
7) THE PROMOTER/S OFFER NO PROVISION OF SPACE TO PARK VEHICLES
8a) PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO & AUDIO RECORDING; Pocket sized mobile phones with Integral cameras are permitted. Pocket sized mobile phones with integral, short run video facility are permitted. Small hand held, snapshot type personal cameras with or without integral, retractable lenses are permitted.
8b) Unauthorised photography, video, audio recording, broadcasting or transmission of the Event/s, the Concert/s or the Festival/s the performers and the performance in the course of business, for professional purposes or financial gain is strictly forbidden. Professional audio and imaging equipment are prohibited inside all performance areas, Auditoriums and Arenas. All types and sizes of cameras with interchangeable lens capability are prohibited. Laptop / portable computers and digital / IT tablets (such as ipads / Galaxy, Playbooks, Nexus, etc), with or without imaging and recording facilities and of any size are prohibited. All types of video cameras are prohibited. Tripods and other similar items are prohibited.
8c) Any item or equipment, whether listed as prohibited or not, that the Promoter/s suspect is being used in the course of business, for professional purposes or financial gain, without written proof of valid authority, will be confiscated, at the owner’s own risk and without onus of safekeeping or liability to the Promoter/s. It is not the Promoter/s responsibility to safeguard any confiscated items including professional camera equipment, image and audio equipment, against damage or loss. SO DON’T BRING ANY!!
9) Ticket Holders consent to being photographed, filmed and sound recorded as an audience without payment, and to their image being used by the Promoter/s in all matters relating to the Event and any future promotions.
10) Excepting where clause 12 applies there are no refunds under any circumstances. No duplicate or replacement tickets will be issued under any circumstances.
11a) INCLEMENT WEATHER; All scheduled open-air Event/s, Concert/s and Festival/s will proceed in inclement weather. Ticket Holders are advised to make their own, appropriate arrangements to protect themselves against the weather conditions. Tents, Gazebos, windbreaks or similar items are prohibited within the performance areas, Auditoriums and Arenas at all times. Should inclement weather prevail, Ticket Holders are advised to consider sourcing and bringing / using foldaway, hooded, waterproof clothing.
11b) UMBRELLAS / PARASOLS MUST NOT BE BROUGHT into the performance areas, Auditoriums and Arenas under any circumstances and will be confiscated, at the point of entry, without onus of safe keeping or liability to the Promoter/s. The reason they are not allowed is simply because they block the view of other members of the audience who have also paid to see the show.
All Ticket Holders have an equal right to expect an unrestricted view of the concert. The person with the blocked view could easily be you SO BE CONSIDERATE TO OTHERS AND DON’T BRING AN UMBRELLA. PLAN AHEAD AND BE PREPARED, PACK A FOLDAWAY, HOODED WATERPROOF INSTEAD.
11c) It is not the Promoter/s responsibility to safeguard any confiscated items, including umbrellas or parasols, against damage or loss. SO DON’T BRING ANY!!
11d) RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY; should any Ticketholder be successful in smuggling and using an umbrella or other contraband / prohibited items inside the performance areas, Auditoriums, Arenas, the access routes to the events, the user / the Ticket Holder accepts full liability for any damage or injury caused to themselves or to others in incidents involving the umbrella / prohibited item within these areas, rendering the Promoter/s free from any liability whatsoever in any related incident.
11e) Ticket Holders concealing and using umbrellas or any other contraband / prohibited items inside the performance areas, Auditoriums and Arenas are contravening the terms of entry and the Promoter/s reserve the right to eject any such person from the Event, Concert or Festival without refund or recourse.
12) Should it occur that the Event is cancelled through lack of support, only the face value of the ticket and/or permit may be refunded by the Promoter/s. Any booking fees and/or charges are not the responsibility of the Promoter/s. All such fees and charges are made at the point of purchase and are a contract between the ticket purchaser and the Box Office / Ticket agent for the purpose of administering and processing the purchaser’s orders. Once payment has been made to and accepted by the Box Office or Ticket Agent, whether the order is confirmed and dispatched, or not, it is deemed that this service will have been provided and the purchaser is not entitled to a refund of any part of the Box Office / Service charges levied by the Box Office / Ticket Agent above the face value of the ticket. Tickets / permits purchased from unofficial box offices / touts / third parties are invalid and will not be refunded by the Promoter under this clause. The Promoter/s advise to only purchase tickets through authorised, official outlets appointed / recommended by the Promoter/s. (See item 17).
13) Unless stated otherwise, All the Event/s, Concert/s and Festival/s are by general admission and no seating is provided. The reserving of, or the preparing of areas for later occupation, or the construction of boundary markers at any time, is not permitted. The Promoter/s reserves the right to dismantle any area, which in their opinion has been reserved. Any equipment, property or items therein may be moved away, at the owner’s risk.
14) It is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder to carry a valid ticket / permit or pass / official wristband to the Event at all times. Failure to produce the appropriate valid ticket / permit or pass / official wristband, when so requested by the agents of the Promoter/s, may result in the person being ejected from the event, without later claim or compensation.
14a) There are no pass outs and no re-admission to the Event/s, Concert/s, Festival/s, performance areas, Auditoriums or Arenas.
15) Detail of items prohibited within ALL areas of ALL Event/s, Concert/s and Festival/s organised by the Promoter/s
The following items and activities are PROHIBITTED inside the Venue / Site, performance areas, Auditoriums and Arenas and all other associated areas for the duration of ALL outdoor events organised by the Promoter/s: – BALL GAMES, FRISBEES and similar activities. NAKED FLAMES, BARBECUES, STOVES, CANDLES, FIREWORKS, SPARKLERS, FLARES, INFLAMMABLE LIQUIDS. AEROSOLS, KLAXONS / AIR HORNS. POLES, PLACARDS ON POLES, BANNERS ON POLES, ( REASONABLY SIZED HAND HELD PLACARDS / BANNERS ARE PERMITTED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE GATE / DOOR / ARENA / AUDITORIUM MANAGERS – PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE AND DO NOT BLOCK THE VIEW OF OTHERS DURING THE PERFORMANCES) WHISTLES, LASERS OR SHARP OBJECTS, WEAPONS OR ITEMS THAT CAN BE USED AS WEAPONS, UNLICENSED OR COUNTERFEIT CONCERT / ARTISTE MERCHANDISE. PSYCHOACTIVE SUBSTANCES (Legal Highs) and ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, or any other item that the Promoter/s may consider unsuitable or unsafe. Psychoactive Substances and Illegal substances, prohibited or unsafe items will be confiscated and reported to the States of Jersey Police. NO ANIMALS, excepting registered assistance dogs. If in doubt about prohibited or permitted items please enquire at the point of ticket / permit purchase.
NO glass items of any description are permitted anywhere within the Venue / Site.
GAZEBOES, WINDBREAKS, TENTS AND SIMILAR STRUCTURES are prohibited in all areas.
All persons declining the request for a search of their person or belongings, by the official security personnel, will be refused entry without refund or recourse.
15a) In addition to the restrictions itemised in clause 15 above the following restrictions also apply to all Ticket Holders accessing the performance areas, Auditoriums and Arenas, and all access routes of each and all venues / sites where the LEGEND IN THE PARK/ BIG GIG IN THE PARK events takes place.
Infants (under 5 yrs old) are not admitted. Juveniles (under 12yrs old) must be accompanied by an Adult (Minimum age 18yrs old). A maximum of TWO Juveniles in the care of ONE Adult. Once event tickets have been checked, scanned or “torn” by security there are NO PASS OUTS and NO-READMISSION to the holding areas, arenas or auditoriums UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Ticket Holders are advised to ensure they have all essential medication before entering the ticket check / holding areas.
An outdoor concert arena / auditorium is no different than any other venue that sells food and drink as part of their business and likewise we prohibit the bringing of customer’s own food & drink, of any description, onto the premises. FOOD and/or DRINK cannot be brought inside the performance areas, Auditorium/s or Arena/s (excepting ONE small 500ml plastic bottle of water or non alcoholic drink per person). Drinking water is available free of charge only from the WATER POINT inside the auditorium. it is served in plastic / paper cups. We do not provide free bottled mineral water).
NO bottles (excepting ONE small 500ml plastic bottle of water or non alcoholic drink per person). NO cans, cartons, rigid containers, cool boxes or hampers. NO rucksacks, hold-alls, large bags or carrier bags. For the purpose of carrying essential items, a small personal handbag [up to a maximum size of 350mm high x 300mm wide x 80mm deep] is permitted and only one item per person. All personal handbags will be subject to a search at point of entry to the performance areas, Auditoriums and Arenas.
NO professional camera or visual recording equipment. (Mobile phones and small hand held, snapshot type personal cameras with or without integral, retractable lenses are permitted). NO audio recording equipment.
NOTE: Ticket Holders may not bring their own fold-away, collapsible and portable chairs / seats.
NO rigid, portable or collapsible tables of any of any type or dimension . These can become trip hazards and obstacles in large audiences.
Rugs may be used at the owner’s own risk within the arena. Rugs must be carried folded, not rolled and in a manner to facilitate easy searching. Ticket Holders are warned of the potential dangers (e.g. crushing and trampling) if in a sitting position within or close to a standing audience.
16) The Promoter/s reserve the right to offer promotional, special offers, group or multi purchase discounts at any time whatsoever without recourse from purchasers of tickets at a higher or full face value. Should any tickets or permits be made available for sale on the day of the Event, Concert, or Festival, the Promoter/s reserve the right to sell all such tickets or permits at the Venue / Site, at the full (on the day) price, plus any box office charges, taxes or commissions, whether advertised or not, that may apply on the day.
17) DO NOT PURCHASE FROM UNOFFICIAL WEBSITES / BOX OFFICES / TOUTS beware of ticket fraud and overcharging. The Promoter/s do not recognise nor support the secondary ticket market. The Promoters DO NOT sell tickets above the advertised face value. The Promoter/s are not responsible to nor liable in anyway whatsoever to provide entry to the Event, or any service / concert as advertised / at the Event / at the Venue, to the purchaser or person/s in possession of a ticket obtained from any source other than the Promoter/s’ authorised, official agents. All tickets are non-transferable and rights of entitlement are only applicable to the bona-fide, original purchaser. TICKETS MAY NOT TO BE SOLD ON AT A PROFIT OR EXCHANGED IN RETURN FOR GAIN OBTAINED THROUGH GRACE AND FAVOUR DURING THE COURSE OF BUSINESS, without the written permission of the Promoter/s.
18) WEEKEND TICKETS; if offered and where applicable purchasers of weekend tickets will be issued with an e-ticket which will be exchanged for a weekend specific wristband on arrival at the venue. These must be affixed on either wrist and made clearly visible prior to the first entry into the performance areas, Auditorium or Arena. They cannot be used by / or transferred to / shared with another person. On entry, all wristbands will be scanned and physically checked for signs of tampering / transferring. Lost, misplaced, damaged or tampered wristbands will be invalid for entry to the Venue, Site, Event, Concert, Festival, performance areas, Auditoriums, or Arenas.
19) LATE ARRIVAL It is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder to plan their journey allowing sufficient time for unexpected occurrences, weather conditions, traffic congestion en-route and in the vicinity of the Venue, to arrive at the venue in time for the performance. It is not the Promoter/s responsibility to advise / inform the Ticket Holder of any road works, incident or occurrence that may delay the Ticket Holder’s arrival at the Venue. Although every effort is made to run to schedule, the advertised performance / concert timings may be brought forward or delayed without notice. Under no circumstances whatsoever will the Promoter/s refund or compensate for late or non-arrivals or any amendment to the artistes or advertised performance times, howsoever caused.
20) SPECIAL NEEDS please enquire at the point of purchase or visit the official event website for services provided. Where possible and appropriate, disabled / wheelchair lavatory facilities will be available. A WHEELCHAIR VIEWING PLATFORM may be available. At selected events, spaces on the wheelchair viewing platform (including carers) should be advised to the Promoter/s by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Should no spaces be available wheelchair users and their carers may, if they so wish, attend the Event, Concert or Festival but cannot be guaranteed a place on the wheelchair platform. Subject to space being available, ONLY ONE CARER (over 18yrs old) per charge may be allowed access to this facility, but this cannot be guaranteed. Additional able bodied Ticket Holders in the same party are not allowed access to the wheelchair platform. It is the wheelchair user or their carer’s responsibility to make alternative arrangements for juvenile, family members (under 12 yrs old) to be accompanied by an adult (over 18yrs old) off the platform. Able-bodied Ticket Holders who abuse this facility will be ejected from the Venue, Site, Event, Concert or Festival without refund or recourse.
MOTORISED BUGGIES can be accommodated inside the performance areas, Auditoriums or Arenas, but it should be noted that the main arena is a large lawned area.
AMBULANT DISABILITIES, RESTRICTED MOBILITY, MEDICAL CONDITIONS & ADVANCED PREGNANCY. Excepting for wheelchair users, the Promoters do not provide special / adapted areas or services. Ticket Holders not confined to a wheelchair or their designated carer will not be allowed access to the wheelchair platform. Some Events, Concerts, or Festivals may be unsuitable for advance pregnancy or people unable to sit on a rug on the ground or stand for long periods. It is the purchaser / Ticket Holders responsibility to determine the suitability of the selected Event, Concert or Festival and to make their own arrangements, within the Terms and Conditions of the Promoter/s, to suit their needs. Rigid chairs, rigid stools, rigid seating or similar items are not allowed to be brought inside the performance areas, Auditoriums or Arenas. These can become trip hazards and obstacles in large audiences. The Promoter/s will not be liable in any way whatsoever should the Ticket Holder decide, after purchasing a ticket or permit, that the Event, Concert or Festival is, or may be, unsuitable for their needs.
Rugs may be used at the Ticket Holder’s / owner’s risk. Rugs must be carried folded, not rolled and in a manner to facilitate easy searching. Ticket Holders are warned of the potential dangers (e.g. crushing and trampling) if in a sitting position within or close to a standing audience.
SPECIAL DIETARY AND MEDICATION NEEDS / DOCTOR’S NOTES Ticket Holders that need to bring special diet food or extraordinary special prescription medication requiring non oral application (e.g. by needle) must have their medical equipment / needles and a doctors’ note or proof of their condition ready and available for inspection on entry. (Note: epipens and inhalers do not need special clearance or a doctors’ note). All special dietary food and drink must be packaged according to the full Terms and Conditions of the Promoter/s. See clause 15 above. We recommend soft packaging of food such as foil or cling-film – rigid containers of any shape or size are not permitted. Permitted portions are to be sufficient to sustain only the person with the medical condition. Full emergency medical services, as applicable, are available at the Events, Concerts and Festivals. Ticket Holders with medical conditions and allergies are advised to be aware where the medical & first aid points are located inside the performance areas, Auditoriums and Arenas. These may be in the form of a fully equipped paramedic ambulances located on the perimeter of the audience. All other FIRST AID points will be clearly signed with a white + on a green background.
21) FORCE MAJEURE: The Promoter/s reserves the rights to cancel, postpone or abandon the Event/s because of circumstances beyond their control and without any refund or recourse whatsoever.
BEWARE OF COPIES BEING MADE OF YOUR E-TICKET. Do not let others have access to the original printed copy or your computer / files bearing details of your e-ticket. Each e-ticket issued carries an unique barcode which is registered to the purchaser/s. Each barcode permits one entry only. Therefore once the barcode has been electronically scanned it registers on the Promoter’s system as presented and is automatically cancelled for any subsequent presentations. In other words only one person per barcode, the first one to present the e-ticket bearing the unique barcode, will be the only one allowed to gain entry to the Event / Concert or Festival. The Promoter will not, under any circumstances, accept liability for loss of entry to bona fide purchaser of an e-ticket that has been duplicated and previously presented by another person. . It is the purchaser’s responsibility to keep the e-ticket secure and safeguard against its reproduction.
LOST, MISPLACED OR DAMAGED TICKETS / PERMITS / WRISTBANDS will not be replaced under any circumstances.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION These must be photographic – passport / driving licence / Over 25 card / PASS Card that clearly states proof of age/status.
WARNINGS: The Promoter/s may, at their discretion, operate CCTV at the Event/s Concert/s or Festival/s. Exposure to amplified sound may cause damage to hearing. Strobe lighting, smoke and special effects will be used in the production of the Event/s, Concert/s or Festival/s.
LEAVING SITE AFTER THE EVENT Due to the sheer number of people all trying to leave at the same time, it is unavoidable that queues and possibly delays may be experienced following the Event, Concert or Festival. As at all popular major events including but not limited to sporting events, theme parks, concerts and festivals it may take some considerable time to exit. Be patient and follow the marshals directions, they are there to assist. Help the marshals to help you get home as early as possible.